i really should write more about the filipino food that i cook.
i made batchoy for the first time the other day… and boy was it good! the entire thing was cooked old-school style so i don’t know any exact measurements. it was just adding the ingredients in there until it tastes the way i know it should taste. i used:
-pork (cut into small cubes)
-half an onion
-several cloves of garlic
-several table spoons of pork blood
- first i sauteed the onion and garlic
- in the meantime, boil the pork in a separate pot until cooked. keep the broth.
- add the pork into the onion and garlic and continue sauteeing, adding fish sauce, pepper and salt
- add the pork broth and let simmer.
- take 3 teaspoons of the pork blood and add it in. it will solidify in the batchoy.
- add the cilantro and the misua noodles